Sunday, June 10, 2012

First Week Down

So, it has been 9 days of this seemingly endless journey.

Two things I have learned:
1. This is not an instantaneous results type of diet (if anyone knows of one let me know)
2. I am NOT a runner

Lets start with the running:
I know it will have been a success when I can run and not focus on the fact that I am running/feel like it's the last thing I will ever do - I'm not that point yet.

The first day I ran was ok I knew what to expect. I expected to be hot, frustrated, out of breath and embarrassed - and that's what I felt/happened. I usually felt like quitting with about 25 seconds left during the running portion - but the sense of relief and joy that I felt when that lovely computerized voice said "cool down" was amazing. And then I realized something, the same high that I used to get from eating shitty food is the same high that I got after completing that first training run. So yes, I was hot, frustrated, out of breath and embarrassed but I felt accomplished and pride!!

THEN

The second run of the first week ...
I hated it - every single second of that run was a disaster - the only thing running through my mind during those thirty minutes were swear words and anger I WAS PISSED! Pissed that I had to run, pissed that I had let myself get to the point where I had to learn how to run, pissed that I had tricked myself into thinking I was athletic...
Oh and then there was the other stuff that made it awful - I only wore one bra so I felt like I was going to have two black eyes at the end of the run, my bra strap kept falling down and my ear bud kept falling out.

Then,
"Cool down" - I did it again! I finished another run! AND my time IMPROVED! Apparently being pissed off at the world makes for good running. During the run portion I felt like quitting with about 14 seconds left in each interval.

With the second day in mind I adequately prepared for the third day of the run;
I wore two bras, I didn't wear my knee brace as it causes my calf muscle to cramp because of where it's placed, I bought different head phones, I mentally prepared myself for the workout and I stretched! It went amazing, there were brief moments where I didn't even think about the fact that I was running and I was able to run through the whole interval!! I felt AMAZING

Week 2 starts tomorrow with increased running intervals ... we will see how it goes.

Now the food
The eating has been going pretty well I am learning to adjust my foods based on my cravings, my biggest revelation this week is that sipping on water with lemon slices kicks a craving for sweet food, and eating something that is crunchy and salty cuts the craving for the chip type snacks. I can already see my thought process around food changing and I am no longer mindlessly shoving food into my mouth, I am thinking about what I am eating and how it is either going to benefit or be a disadvantage to this journey. I started actually counting my points today and seemed to have find a system that is manageable and dosen't take up too much time! I will post more about it later this blog is long enough already!

1 week down
3 weeks till weigh day
:S


No comments:

Post a Comment